Saturday, August 30, 2008

September Goals

So, this is my first "monthly goals" post. Since it's the first month, I can't tell if I'm setting enough / too many / the wrong kinds of goals for the month. I guess time will tell.

Obviously, I have to get a good start on the ongoing goals (#3, #4, #7, #8, #17, #19, #20, #22, #24, #34, #57, #64, #65, & #77) so I don't start failing right at the beginning.

I'll be checking out some foreign book and movie titles for #64 & #65. Movies will be easy enough to come by, I think, if I use Netflix. This also will accomplish two goals at once (since it works with #17, too). For the books, I need to start looking at the local libraries. I really hope that they'll carry some that I could read for pleasure, because buying them would get expensive quickly.

This month is going to be really hard for me schedule-wise since it will be the busiest schedule I've ever had between classes and jobs. Partially for that reason, I'm going to try and make it one of my goals this month to not skip any work shifts (this means no calling in, trying to find someone to cover, etc). That's goal #76. I feel like making an active goal out of not missing shifts will help me get into the schedule.

I actually already bought a filing cabinet (#50) (I know, cheater cheater) because I got a great deal on it during a sale at Staples. I'm choosing to count that as done, but to make it a goal this month to start filing things as I get them to make the filing cabinet useful.

This month should be a good one for fixing our bank accounts (#56) since we really want Jay's paychecks direct deposited to help with the eventual budgeting goal (#55). We also want to get new checks with both our names on them and our new address, and the accounts need to be sorted out first.

I finally got my health insurance, so this month will probably involve meeting and choosing a doctor and possibly an OB/GYN (#26 & #27). I don't have much time for appointments this month, but it should be a good start.

I feel like September is also a good month to work on the "meeting people" goal (#7). I'll have new classes, new people at night!job, and activities that were created so people could meet each other at college. I have a semi-idea of joining a club if I see one that really interests me, and that would help.

I'll also be tackling the kitchen as a task. I'll pick this month to clean out the fridge (#45), which is a very hated task. I'll also re-organize all the cabinets (#44), because they're in really rough shape. I can't easily reach most of the things I need to cook and serve food, and it makes me not want to cook.

Wish me luck for my first month of 101 in 1001!

No comments: