Wednesday, October 1, 2008

September

So September didn't actually go well.

I imagine that the problem was mainly stress-related. I had way too much on my plate. I knew that going into it, but I had thought that I could handle it. I guess not particularly.

I am now very behind in most of the "every day" or "every week" goals. This is ok, given my rule definitions, but it will be hard to catch up on the ones like the daily WiiFit (#19). I guess on my days off I'll be doing literally hours of WiiFit!

I did manage to have lengthy, meaningful conversations with a few new people (#7), thanks to my night job as a security monitor. The two people that I counted were Alicia, a new RHS employee who I worked with a few nights in a row, and Meghan, another new employee. Good stuff. This also made me realize that this goal is a little awkward in that it makes me have some criteria for what is a worthwhile conversation, since I'm literally forced to have lengthy conversations with some people, but it doesn't mean I'm being social or getting to know them. So on that goal, I'm only counting personal conversations that were not forced by work.

A "daily" goal that I did manage to keep up on was my "walking" goal (#34). This is because I literally have to walk at least that much to get to even one of my jobs. Adding in classes, going shopping or out to eat somewhere, or even just having to catch the slightly-further-away bus means that I usually triple this at least.

#26, finding a primary care doctor, was accomplished on September 2. I found a lovely woman who is just a short bus trip away and takes my insurance! Couldn't be happier about that. Now if only I had time to go make an appointment and start getting everything else moving, that would be wonderful.

My other monthly goals for September, however, didn't go as well. My kitchen is still as messy as before, and I didn't attempt #44 or 45 (re-organizing kitchen cabinets and cleaning the fridge, respectively). I also blew off work a few times, messing up goal #76. It wasn't even the way I expected myself to mess up the goal -- I skipped my day job, which I considered highly unlikely. I also never got to the bank to merge our accounts (#56).

I completed a goal that wasn't even on my monthly goal thing -- I got a new vacuum! I got a refurbished Dyson which will be arriving at the end of October. I'm very excited to finally have a vacuum that I don't have to go over and over and over the same spot with to get the rug clean. I bought it through Amazon on September 25.

So all in all, as stated, it wasn't a very good month. I'll be doing my October goals tonight.

No comments: